We are located close to the Torquay waterfront with a short, flat walk to the seaside. You can find us at 62 Bampfylde Rd, Torquay TQ2 5AY, United Kingdom. Close to many attractions, our bed and breakfast offers a superb base for a wonderful holiday.
DIRECTIONS TO MELBA HOUSE
1h 30 mins
3h 10 mins
3h 45 mins
Torquay Station (closest station – 10 to 15min level walk)
- On leaving the station, turn left, away from the Grand Hotel and the seafront.
- Follow Falkland Road round to the right until the traffic lights.
- Turn left onto Avenue Road and continue till you have a sports field on your left. (Approx 100m)
- You will see a road bearing away from you diagonally and going up a hill. Melba House will be on your right side at the bottom of the hill.
Torre Station (20 to 25 min walk down hill)
- On leaving the station, turn right at the traffic lights and continue down Avenue Road.
- Keep going through the next traffic lights and continue straight.
- You will pass Cockington School.
- When you reach a sports field, you will see a road on your left side which is called Bampfylde road.
- Melba House is on your right as you turn up Bampfylde road.
If needed, Taxis are plentiful locally, and are usually available at the station.
When travelling South from the M5, pick up signs for Torquay leaving on the A38. Then proceed onto the A380 (this becomes the new South Devon Highway after the flyover and may not be on your satnav yet). Take the left hand turn off the dual carriageway towards Torquay. Follow the signs to Torquay via the traffic lights. At the fork in the road, (Torre railway station on your right) carry straight on at the traffic lights down Avenue Road which is signposted “Seafront”. Melba House can be found on the left just after the next set of traffic lights.
THE ENGLISH RIVIERA
The English Riviera truly one of the beauty’s of Torquay. It is a 22 mile stretch of breathtaking, South Devon coastline that is made up of seaside resorts, rocky coves, stunning villages and warm weather. The English Riviera is the UK’s top holiday destination. The English Riviera is the Torbay/coastal area which was acclaimed by the Victorians for its sub-tropical plants, ‘bracing’ sea air and scenic waterfronts.
There are many beautiful beaches and fun activities to choose from on the English Riviera click below for more information.
TRAINLINE: SEARCH, COMPARE & BUY CHEAP TRAIN TICKETS
Trainline is Europe’s leading train and coach app. They work with 270 rail and coach companies to offer customers travel experiences to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe. Their goal is to help visitors plan their rail journey and get live train running times, accessibility, and facility information. Click below for more information.
THINGS TO DO IN TORQUAY
Torquay is filled with activities for every age, gender and personality. There are plenty of activities to do and places to visit such as:
- Town Centre
- Babbacombe Cliff railway
- Riviera International Conference Centre
- Picturesque Cockington Country Park and Village
- Grand flea market (Thursdays)
- Various other walks and cycling routes
- Kents cavern
- Torre Abbey
- Meadfoot Beach
- Torquay Golf Club
- Wide selection of Restaurants
- Hole in the wall pub
- Agatha Christie Mile
- Princess Theatre
- Babbacombe Model Village
- Torquay museum
- Seafront and various watersport activities
- Railway Station and Dartmouth Steam Railway
- Brixham ferry
- Little theatre
- SW Coast Path Walk